Thursday, June 2, 2016

Butterscotch


Butterscotch Topaz dazzled onto the scene in 2000 alongside eleven other jewel-licious flavors. I immediately fell in love with Butterscotch Topaz (and of course every other Jewel Lip Smacker!) but Butterscotch Topaz remained my number one favorite! An authentic butterscotch disc flavor- just like the old fashioned candy! So sweet, so buttery and so superb! After the Jewel Lip Smackers were discontinued, I hoped for years Bonne Bell would bring it back, even as an original Lip Smacker. Not until holiday 2012 a butterscotch flavor appeared sporting a Beauty and the Beast label, but the flavor missed the mark. It was a caramel flavor in disguise (which I love caramel flavors) not the distinct butterscotch I came to love with Butterscotch Topaz. Fast forward to last holiday 2015 when Butterscotch reappeared and so did the amazing familiar formula I waited years for! It's a little lighter than Butterscotch Topaz but VERY similar. 



2 comments: